Most children love salmon – and you'll love how quick this meal is to make.
1. Heat the sunflower oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Season the salmon and place in the pan, skin-side down, leaving to cook for 3–4 minutes.
2. Cook the broccoli in boiling water for three minutes, then add the frozen peas, put a lid on to bring back to the boil, then remove the lid and cook for a further 3 minutes.
3. Turn the salmon fillets and cook for a further three minutes.
4. While these are cooking, put all the dressing ingredients into a small pan with some seasoning. Bring to the boil and bubble for 2–3 minutes before setting aside.
5. Drain the vegetables, tip back into the pan and toss through the chillies, if using, then plate up. Once the salmon is cooked through, place it on top of the vegetables. Pour over the dressing, rip the mint leaves and scatter over the top along with the almonds and serve.
Eat during pregnancy: Salmon is rich in brain-boosting omega-3 fatty acids, which help your baby’s development.
This recipe was adapted from How To Be A Better Cook by Lorraine Pascale (£25, HarperCollins). Photography by Maja Smend.
Blend some of the cooked salmon and peas together until smooth, adding breast or formula milk for a smoother consistency.
Flake the salmon into bite-sized chunks and then serve with a couple of broccoli florets for a vitamin hit.
There's no doubt that you'll want to make the most of spending time with your little one this summer, so we’ve come up some great suggestions you can do together while on-the-go or out and about. So, whatever your budget, let CBeebies favourite Bing be the perfect companion!