Preparation time: 15 minutes
This dish is a great way to use up bits of old bread, and they soak up the delicious flavours of fresh tomatoes, basil and olive oil
- Put the bread into a wide, shallow serving dish.
- Put the vinegar, oil and garlic into a bowl and mix together, then drizzle over the bread, mixing it in well with your hands.
- Halve the tomatoes, sprinkle with salt and add to the bread.
- Set aside a few leaves of basil for the garnish and scatter the rest over the bread, along with the celery, onion and olives. Sprinkle with a little oregano and drizzle with lots of good olive oil.
- Cover the dish and set to one side in a cool place until ready to serve.
This recipe is taken from Leon: Fast Vegetarian by Jane Baxter & Henry Dimbleby (Octopus, £25) Publishing in March 2014
Blend some of the tomatoes and basil then soak pieces of bread until you have a thick puree.
Let your baby pick at pieces of soaked bread and cherry tomatoes.