Sneak vegetables into your child's diet the quick and easy way!
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C, (fan 200°C), gas mark 7.
2. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases and set aside.
3. Put the pumpkin, flour, thyme (if using), bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and pinch of salt in a large bowl. Give them a quick stir together and then make a hole in the centre. Lightly beat the eggs in a medium bowl, then add the milk, oil and yoghurt and mix until combined.
4. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour the wet mixture into the centre. Mix together using as few stirs as possible (otherwise you will make the muffins too dense and heavy). The mixture will be quite wet – this is fine.
5. Divide the mixture evenly into the 12 muffin cases. Sprinkle over the grated cheese and bake in the centre of the oven for 20–25 minutes. Test they are cooked by inserting a skewer into the centre of a muffin – if it comes out clean, the muffins are ready.
6. Once cooked, remove from the oven and set aside to cool just a little as these muffins are best eaten warm. The muffins do stick to the paper cases when hot, but are easier to remove once they are a little cooler.
Eat during pregnancy: Pumpkin is high in iron, which helps to develop your baby’s brain. It is also important in preventing anaemia.
This recipe was adapted from How To Be A Better Cook by Lorraine Pascale (£25, HarperCollins). Photography by Maja Smend.
Give your baby half of a muffin. The piece must be too large for him to put in his mouth. He should hold the muffin in his hands and gum it, baby-led weaning style.
When you have a newborn baby, you want to do everything to give them the best start in life and there are so many tips, advice and methods that it can be overwhelming! ASDA Little Angels have thought about what is best for babies and parents so you don’t have to.
There's no doubt that you'll want to make the most of spending time with your little one this summer, so we’ve come up some great suggestions you can do together while on-the-go or out and about. So, whatever your budget, let CBeebies favourite Bing be the perfect companion!