Smoked Mackerel-In-A-Minute Tartines
Preparation time: 15 minutes
The smokiness of the fish and the creaminess of the crème fraîche go well together in this dish, and it's packed with healthy nutrients
- Start with the pickled cucumber. Mix together all the ingredients except the cucumber, until the sugar has dissolved, then mix in the cucumber.
- Leave for 15 minutes, for the flavours to come together and the cucumber to pickle lightly.
- Now for the tartines. Mix the coriander, spring onion and chilli into the crème fraîche along with a little seasoning.
- Dollop half of this mixture on each slice of bread, spreading it thickly and evenly.
- Remove the skin and roughly flake the flesh of the fish into large chunks and place evenly on the crème fraîche.
- Drain the cucumber and scatter it over the fish. Do the same with the pomegranate seeds, then serve.
This recipe is taken from Anjum's Quick & Easy Indian by Anjum Anand (Quadrille, £18.99). Photos by Lisa Linder.
Mash the mackerel and creme fraiche together until it is a smooth paste.
Let your baby pick at pieces of unpickled cucumber, mackerel and bread.