Serve this up on a meat-free Monday – it’s still full of protein, which helps your baby to grow
1. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, celery, carrot and mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, for five minutes or until softened. Add the tomato purée and cook, stirring for a further five minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, wine or stock, herbs, yeast extract and Quorn. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 30–40 minutes until the Quorn is tender.
3. Stir in the parsley and season well.
4. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water according to the pack instructions until al dente. Drain well.
5. Divide the pasta between two serving plates, top with the vegetable mixture and serve immediately with a scattering of grated Parmesan.
This dish is safe in pregnancy.
This recipe is from Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook: 200 Gluten-Free Recipes by Louise Blair, published by Hamlyn, £4.99.