Did someone say pizza?! Sodo Pizza in Walthamstow are celebrating the launch of their new eight slice pizza this weekend, with a community street party held outside the Sodo Walthamstow restaurant.
The restaurant, located on Hartherley Mews, is a celebration of the eight largest communities living in Walthamstow. Satisfy even the pickiest of eaters with the eight different slices:
- A Jamaican slice – Jerk chicken on a tomato base, topped with a Julie mango sauce and fresh scallion
- Lithuanian Slice – Inspired by a Karbonadas which is smoked pig’s ear and smoked pork belly, with ‘Boletus’ mushrooms and Medzotoju cheese
- Romanian Slice - Chiftele meatballs rolled in sesame seeds and breadcrumbs, on a tomato sauce base and Cașcaval cheese
- Indian Slice - A traditional Saag Paneer which is grilled paneer cheese studded in fresh spinach, tomato, spices, thickened with cream, and finally topped with green chili
- Polish Slice - Based on a Polish village dish called a Zapiekanka which is smoked sausage ‘Torunska’, salted cucumber ‘ Malosolny’, onions, pickled mushrooms & peppers
- Turkish Slice - Inspired by a Turkish Lahmucun which is a spiced finely ground beef, tomato and Capiscum pepper base and topped with sumac, fresh tomato, red onion, parsley, nigella Seeds and pomegranate molasses
- Pakistani Slice - A Tandoori Bengan Masala, which is smoked aubergines in a masala sauce that contains onion, tomato, ginger, garlic, chilli, spices and is topped with a mint yoghurt and sprinkled coriander
- British Slice - Bubble And Squeak, which is potato, cabbage, carrot and onion on a sage and garlic butter base finished off with Montgomery cheddar cheese
Dan Birch, founder of Sodo said: ‘The old English for Walthamstow is ‘Welcome Place’ and a love of food is something we all share. Who doesn’t like a good pizza? With this special pizza, I really wanted to bring people together, I mean after all, aren’t we all just pizzas with different toppings?’
Read next: Our favourite grown-up advent calendars for mums and dads this Christmas
Prosecco advent calendar, The Pip Stop, £125We broke the news on this one a few weeks ago, and we’re still just as obsessed with the prosecco advent calendar from The Pip Stop. Available from 1st December, it might set you back £125, but it contains 24 20cl bottles of sparkling wine from Italy, Spain and Australia – cheers!
The Pip Stop
Cheese advent calendar, AsdaFor the cheese addicts amongst us, you’ll be thrilled to hear Asda are bringing out their own CHEESE advent calendar this Christmas. Packed with 24 different cheeses, dig out the crackers in the run up to Christmas Day. Yum. If you’re pregnant and worried about the cheeses you can indulge in, check out our pregnant cheese guide here!
Wine advent calendar, £49.99, AldiIt works out at just £2 a mini bottle of wine in the Aldi advent calendar and we love it! The advent calendar hits stores on 1st November and has been created in collaboration with brands such as JP Chenet and Calvert. Packed with 24 wine shaped surprises, in the form of red, white, rose and sparkling wine – with everything from Merlot to Chablis.
Edinburgh Gin advent calendar, £100, John LewisIf the beautiful packaging isn’t enough to draw you in, the 25 mini 5cl bottles of different flavoured gins will definitely get you in the festive spirit this year!
Cereal Advent Calendar, £4, TescoIf breakfast is your thing, and you’d rather dig into a bowl of frosted goodness over avocado on toast, we’ve got the advent calendar for you. Or Kellogg’s have, in the shape of this variety advent calendar. With mini boxes of Corn Flakes, Coco Pops and Rice Krispies, this is also a fun idea for your little one (if they’re not fussy!)
Marshmallow advent calendar, £13, Naked MarshmallowIf you’d pick marshmallows over chocolate any day, FINALLY your prayers have been answered with this marshmallow advent calendar. With 25 different flavours, including Humbug, Gingerbread, Mint Choc Chip and Chocolate Orange, what more could you want on a winter morning?
Craft beer advent calendar, £74.90, Honest BrewBeer fans rejoice, Honest Brew have put together 24 of their most unique beers, including pales, IPAs, stouts, porters and sours.
Bath bomb advent calendar, £67.50, LushBecause who doesn’t love a bubble bath? Treat yourself to 12 days of relaxation with this bath bomb advent calendar from Lush. With super products to be used in both the bath and shower, this is the perfect mummy advent calendar!
Mince pie advent calendar, £25.99, SelfridgesThis luxury looking advent calendar from Selfridges has 12 days of mince pies, with three different flavours. The perfect post-school-run wintery treat!
Tea advent calendar, £36, Bluebird Tea coAnother perfect treat for those mums-to-be this Christmas – the Bluebird Tea co is back with their tea advent calendar. Featuring 24 of their award-winning teas, including Christmas Cake and Gingerbread Chai to warm you up this winter.
Bluebird Tea co
Tealight advent calendar, £25, John LewisIf you’re as addicted to candles as we are, this tealight advent calendar from John Lewis will be right up your street. Including 24 beautifully Christmas scented candles to make your home smell beautiful, no matter how many toys are scattered around the living room!