If you are a political fan and would like to choose a baby name inspired by a Prime Minister, here’s the only list you need.
- Alexander (Douglas-Home)
- Andrew (Bonar Law)
- Anthony (Eden and Blair)
- Arthur (Wellesley, Balfour, and Chamberlain)
- Benjamin (Disraeli)
- Clement (Attlee)
- David (Lloyd George and Cameron)
- Edward (Heath)
- Gordon (Brown)
- Harold (Macmillan and Wilson, although neither of their first names were actually Harold)
- James (Callaghan - although his first name was actually Leonard)
- John (Stuart, Russell, and Major)
- Margaret (Thatcher) - the only baby girl’s name on the list!
- Neville (Chamberlain)
- Ramsay (MacDonald - although his first name was James)
- Spencer (Crompton and Perceval)
- Stanley (Baldwin)
- William (Cavendish, Pitt - elder and younger - Wyndham, Lamb, and Gladstone)
- Winston (Churchill)
William was number 10 on the list of the top baby boys’ names for 2014, while James was number 9 on the list. To find out the top 50 baby boys’ names in 2014 according to the Office of National Statistics, click here.
Picking your baby’s name is a huge task and can take up a lot of your waking thoughts while you’re pregnant. The best thing to do is lots of research - read a baby names book (or 7), search online for baby name ideas, and use our baby name generator for a bit of inspiration.