Pregnancy is such an exciting time! But it’s only natural to have a few worries and niggles along the way and from time to time there can be those annoying associated side effects - one of them being heartburn.
Yes, it’s common in pregnancy - as many as eight in 10 mums suffer from it (1)- but that doesn’t make it any less uncomfortable.
If heartburn is proving to be a pain you can try to control it through what you eat and drink, avoiding well known triggers such as spicy and fatty foods and caffeine. Sometimes eating smaller meals more often can help too. (2)
If lifestyle changes aren’t working and you need help to manage your symptoms speak to your midwife or GP.
They may recommend a medicine to reduce the amount of acid in your stomach such as omeprazole (3) which can help to relieve pain or discomfort and allows the body to reduce any inflammation caused by stomach acid (4).
Available in pharmacies, Pyrocalm Control 20mg Gastro-Resistant Tablets* contain omeprazole which can be taken by pregnant and breastfeeding women over 18 years of age. (5)
IMPORTANT: Medicines can affect the unborn baby. Always talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicine in pregnancy.
*Essential Information: Pyrocalm Control® 20mg Gastro-Resistant Tablets. For the short-term treatment of reflux symptoms in adults. Contains 20mg Omeprazole. Always read the label.
To give you one less thing to worry about and make sure your new arrival has a cosy place to relax, Pyrocalm is giving two winners the chance to get their hands on a DockATot Duluxe+ Baby Pod!
Simply answer the question below to enter. The prize draw opens at 9am on the 1st April 22 and closes at 23:59pm on the 30th April 22.
1. The prize draw opens on the 1st April 2022 at 9am and closes on the 30th April 2022 at 11:59pm, any entries submitted after this time will not be valid or counted.
2. This competition is open to UK residents aged 18 and over.
3. The prize is DockATot Deluxe+ Pristine White Baby Pod, 0-8 months, worth £130
4. Two winner’s will be picked randomly from all valid correctly answered entries who have answered during the prize date. The winners will be contacted shortly after the closing date and notified by email and have 7 days to respond before an alternative winner is chosen.
5. This prize may be offered in a limited number of other promotions.
6. Only one entry per person will be counted.
7. No purchase is necessary. To enter for free visit, https://www.motherandbaby.co.uk/pregnancy/health-and-wellness/win-one-of-two-dockatot-deluxe-baby-pods-with-pyrocalm-control
8. Full terms and conditions can be found at www.bauerlegal.co.uk/competition-terms.html
9. The prize is provided by Dexcel Pharma LTD. We are not responsible for any aspect of the prize, including unsatisfactory quality or late delivery or a prize winner being unable to take up any aspect, or the entirety of the prize due to their own circumstances or restrictions. Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and no cash alternative will be offered.