For new parents, bath time can be a challenge but finding the best baby bath tub to make sure baby is comfortable and safe can help alleviate the stress of it, making bath time an enjoyable experience for both parents and baby alike.
Bath time is an opportunity to interact, play, and communicate with the baby, as well as provide the baby with a relaxing but thrilling sensory experience, so the last thing you need is to feel worried about the support factor of your baby bath.
Why use a baby bath?
A baby bath is a product specifically designed to help you to bathe your baby.
Baby baths are tailored to give extra support that make sure the baby has the correct posture, securing the baby in place so there's no risk of them slipping around or going under water. They're safe for babies, puts parents at ease, and reduces the stress at bath time.
Even though some parents prefer to bathe their babies in the bathroom sink, without a proper baby bath it's much more likely for little one to slip around and potentially have an accident. That's why getting a baby bath is a sure-fire way to make sure bath time is a safe and fun experience.
There are many types of baby baths, from simple baby baths to more elaborate, fancy ones, and you can have fun choosing which one is best for you.
A baby should never be left unattended in the bath, no matter how safe and secure their baby bath is.
Choosing your baby bath
To create the best cleansing environment for you and your child, you need a baby bath with good support but that's not the only thing to look out for. Here are some other factors to take into consideration when looking for the best baby bath tub:
- Easy to clean
- Water capacity
- What age it's suitable for
- If it can fit in your sink
- Resistance and durability
- Comfortable smooth shape
- A plug at the base to easily drain out the water
- A hook or a suction cup so you can hang it in the bathroom
- Thick BPA-free plastic for stability
- Slip-resistant backing to keep it from moving
Important: avoid any inflatable tub or any foam cushions.
The latest baby bath tech
The most modern update in the baby bath world is the new super-bath that has the built-in capacity to keep the water warmer for longer. Realistically speaking, this might be a bit of an excessive demand with most parents just wanting a safe and comfortable baby bath. Most of these baths are plastic so keep an eye out for BPA-free ones.
As mentioned above, deciding how long you want to use the baby bath for is imperative as some baby baths are only for the first few months. Most baths, though, can last you till the baby is well over one year old so if this is what you prefer, check out the infant-to-toddler tubs, so you can use them for longer.
In addition, some baby baths have plastic slots to hold baby toiletries which you might find handy. Another extra feature is a temperature indicator. Something else that might be right for you could be a foldable baby bathtub that can make travelling much easier.
How much does a baby bath cost?
The most common and suitable baby bath models in the market right now range between £20-£50, but some state-of-the-art baby baths with lots of fancy features can cost well over £100. Have a look at our list below to find the best one for you.
Important points about bathing safety
- Never leave your baby unattended in the bath
- Always check the temperature of the water before putting your baby in. The water should be at the recommended temperature of 36-37 degrees Celsius (you can buy a bath thermometer to make sure it's in the right temperature)
- Avoid using inflatable neck rings (or any kind of neck rings), they have not been thoroughly tested
- NEVER pick up the bath tub with your baby inside
The best baby bath tubs
We do receive commission for purchases made through our links
- Baby is in a seated position
- Suitable up to 12 months
- Integrated bottom support so you can be hands-free
- Foam backrest and rubber non-slip feet
- Can be used anywhere
- Won the 2017 Gold Best Bathtime Product M&B Award
- Easy to use
- Easy to store away
- Perfect for travelling mamas
- Super comfortable for the baby
- Leaves both of your hands free
- Makes it easy to play with the baby
- Great support for baby
- Can be used from newborn to toddler
- Bath, digital scale, and water thermometer all in one
- Fold and store bath sling
- Super convenient collapsible design
- Storage hook