There is nothing more exciting than filling those nursery drawers with the cutest little baby grows. But it can be hard trying to find affordable, hard-wearing baby clothes for a newborn, and there's always the question of how many do you actually need?
To help make your nesting stress-free, we've done the searching for you with our handpicks for the best baby clothes for newborns...
What baby clothes do I need to buy for my newborn?
As adorable as those baby converse might seem, you probably won't be putting your newborn in them for the first few weeks. Instead, stock up on:
- Babygros or bodysuits - You can never have too many of these, but it all depends on how often you want to be washing. It's good to get a mix of long sleeves and short too, depending on the weather.
- Sleepsuits - Make sure when choosing sleepsuits that you look for popper fastenings to make changing your baby easier, especially during the night.
- Blanket or sleepbag - It's always good to have spare of these for any night time accidents, so whether you're choosing to swaddle or to use a sleep bag make sure you're stocked up on at least 3!
- A hat - Buying a couple of hats for your newborn is a good idea, you won't need them for in the house but they are ideal for even that short walk to the car!
- Scratch mits and socks - You won't need too many of these, so just add a couple of pairs of both to your shopping list.
- Pram suit - Depending on the season, you might need to get a warm, snuggly onesie for your baby when you go out.
The best baby clothes for newborns:
Your hospital bag essentials
The early labour signs you need to look out for
5 relaxation techniques for a better birth
What were your best baby buys? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter!
Make sure you're following Mother & Baby on Instagram for relatable memes, inspiring stories and parenting hacks!
Join the club! Introducing our brand, spankin’ new Facebook group called #mumtribe. Simply search ‘#mumtribe’ into the search bar and meet like-minded mums, win gorgeous goodies and have some fun!
Why not join thousands of mums-to-be and start your very own Amazon baby wish list! They're absolutely free to create and perfect to send to the friends, aunties and your mum to make sure you're getting the baby products you really need...Click here!