If you're going somewhere with your baby and expect high noise levels - such as Fireworks night, a party, or festival - it would be a good idea to find the best baby ear defenders for your baby's comfort and safety.
Even as adults, extreme noise can be really uncomfortable so you don't want your little one getting scared or upset, or even experience ear damage, by loud noises. You'll be able to use them at family parties, fireworks displays, summer festivals, concerts or cinema trips.
How to choose baby ear defenders
Ear defenders for babies need to be designed specifically for them – you can’t use adult earplugs or any other ear protection designed for adults. When buying baby ear defenders, one of the most important factors is the fit. Your children need to able to move their heads when using them without the protectors slipping or falling off. Also, you should make sure that they don't put too much pressure on their heads.
Before using baby ear defenders and protectors make sure you read all the use instructions and recommendations and bear in mind that most of these products are not supposed to be used for long periods at a time.
The best baby ear defenders and protectors
With a variety of choices currently on the market, finding the right ear defenders might seem like a chore but that's where we come in. Here are the best baby ear defenders that we've found for you to choose from.
- Can be used from 3 months to 3 years
- Are really comfy because of their elastic headband, which is available in either pink or blue
- Come with two bands, plus a carry bag
- Don't contain any metal
- They can be used by babies older than 6 months
- Come in many colours options
- Can be used for older kids as well
- Comes as a customizable set with carrying bags, replacement pads, and mix and match end caps
- Can be used from 6 months to 7 years
- Very low pressure on the head
- Really comfy with fluid and foam filling the padding around the ears
- Can be used from newborn to 18 months old
- Exclusively designed for babies
- Has adjustable head straps in a variety of prints and designs
- Five-year warranty
- Cheaper than average
- Are durable and well-made with low profile ear cups and no protruding parts
- They have high SNR value (27dB)
- Fit children up to 7 years old
- Are a little on the expensive side
- They come in a wide variety of colours
- Can be used from 6 months to 16 years
- Are great for travel
- Are made from a comfortable material
- Available in four colourful designs
- Flexible headband to suit different head sizes
- Come with a carry bag for easy storage
Have approx 60 seconds to spare? Why not join thousands of mums-to-be and start your very own Amazon baby wish list! They're absolutely free to create and perfect to send to the friends, aunties and your mum to make sure you're getting the baby products you really need... Click here!