If you're going somewhere with your baby and expect high noise levels, it would be a good idea to find the best baby ear defenders for your baby's comfort and safety. Even as adults, extreme noise can be really uncomfortable so you don't want your little bubba getting scared or upset, or even experience ear damage, by loud noises, for example, on a plane, or even if you've put the hoover or blender on, or if you have workmen in. You'll also be able to use them at family parties, fireworks displays, summer festivals, concert or cinema trips.
How to choose baby ear defenders
Ear defenders for babies need to be designed specifically for them – you can’t use adult earplugs or any other ear protection designed for adults. When buying baby ear defenders, one of the most important factors is the fit. Your children need to able to move their heads when using them without the protectors slipping or falling off. Also, you should make sure that they don't put too much pressure on their little heads.
Always use baby ear defenders and protectors safely
Before using baby ear defenders and protectors make sure you read all the use instructions and recommendations and bear in mind that most of these products are not supposed to be used for long periods at a time.
The best 7 baby ear defenders and protectors
With a variety of choices currently on the market, finding the right ear defenders might seem like a chore but that's where we come in. Here are the best 7 baby ear defenders that we've found for you to choose from.
- Can be used from 3 months to 3 years
- Are really comfy because of their elastic headband, which is available in either pink or blue
- Comes with two bands, plus a carry bag
- Doesn't contain any metal
- This brand is one of the best in Europe respecting its safety standard
- They can be used by babies older than 6 months
- Come in many colours options
- Can be used for older kids as well
- Is one of the most popular choices
- Is a customizable set with carrying bags, replacement pads, and mix and match end caps
- Can be used from 6 months to 7 years
- Very low pressure on the head
- Really comfy with fluid and foam filling the padding around the ears
- Can be used from newborn to 18 months old
- Ems For Kids is exclusively designed for little babies
- Has adjustable head straps in a variety of prints and designs
- Has a five-year warranty
- Has a very long usage
- Is cheaper than average
- Are durable and well-made with low profile ear cups and no protruding parts
- They have high SNR value (27dB)
- Fits kids up to 7 years old
- Are a little on the expensive side
- They come in a wide variety of colours
- Can be used from 6 months to 16 years
- Are great for travel
- Are made from a comfortable material
Would your kids love these amazing toys? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter!
Make sure you're following Mother & Baby on Instagram for relatable memes, inspiring stories and parenting hacks!
Have approx 60 seconds to spare? Why not join thousands of mums-to-be and start your very own Amazon baby wish list! They're absolutely free to create and perfect to send to the friends, aunties and your mum to make sure you're getting the baby products you really need... Click here!
For parenting tips, tricks and advice you can trust, click here to download a free digital issue of Mother and Baby magazine.