Even as adults, noise can be really uncomfortable. Not every new parent realises that the ears of newborn babies are even more sensitive, so it’s well worth thinking about how you protect delicate ears in noisy environments.
You might think you don't need a baby ear defender or protector for your little one, but you can use baby ear defenders and protectors in so many situations such as family parties, fireworks displays, summer festivals, concert or cinema trips and any other situation you find your baby in an uncomfortable situation. Also, when inside the house during renovation or cleaning times.
How do you choose baby ear defenders and protectors?
Ear defenders for babies need to be designed specifically for them – you can’t use adult earplugs. So, if you’re going to use ear protectors with your baby, you need to make sure you get a quality product.
Using an ear defender or protector is the same thing as using sunscreen in a really hot day and helmet when riding a bike or roller skating, for example.
With a variety of choices currently on the market, finding the right ear defenders for babies and young children can be a daunting task. Here are some key factors to consider in your search for the best option:
When buying a baby ear defender, one of the most important points is the fit. Your children need to able to move their heads when using it without the protectors slipping or falling off. Also, it cannot put too much pressure on their heads.
Always use baby ear defenders and protectors safely!
Before using baby ear defenders and protectors make sure you read all the use instructions and recommendations, as some of these products cannot be used for long periods.
The best 8 baby ear defenders and protectors
- It can be used from 3 months to 3 years
- It’s really comfy because of its elastic headband, which is available in either pink or blue
- It comes with two bands, plus a carry bag
- It doesn't contain any metal
- This brand is one of the best in Europe respecting its safety standard
It can be used from newborn to 2 years. Banz recommends not using for too long in babies under three months.
- It has foam-filled cushions around the ears
- It’s pretty lightweight
- It’s very effective at blocking sound
- There are a wide variety of colours/designs
It can be used by babies older than 6 months
- It comes in many colours options
- It can be used for older kids as well
- It's one of the most popular choices
- It has a customizable set with carrying bags, replacement pads, and mix and match end caps
- It's good for travelling
It can be used from 6 months to 7 years
- It has very low pressure on the head
- It's really comfy with fluid and foam filling the padding around the ears
It can be used by newborns to 18 months babies.
- Ems For Kids is exclusively designed for little babies.
- It has adjustable head straps in a variety of prints and designs.
- It has a five-year warranty
- It has a very long usage
- It’s cheaper than average
- It’s durable and well-made with low profile ear cups and no protruding parts
- It has high SNR value (27dB)
- It fits kids up to 7 years
- It can be relatively expensive
- It comes in a wide variety of colours
- It can be used from 6 months to 16 years
- It's great for travel
- It's made with comfortable material
Make sure you're following Mother & Baby on Instagram for relatable memes, inspiring stories and parenting hacks!
Have approx 60 seconds to spare? Why not join thousands of mums-to-be and start your very own Amazon baby wish list! They're absolutely free to create and perfect to send to the friends, aunties and your mum to make sure you're getting the baby products you really need... Click here!
For parenting tips, tricks and advice you can trust, click here to download a free digital issue of Mother and Baby magazine.